When you invest in brochure printing, you expect a quality product that will get you results. Getting there takes great design, high resolution colour print on paper that looks and feels good, and creased folds.
But to get the absolute most of your product brochures, you should also pay close attention to the size and layout of the product you design and print.
Unlock the Potential
Walk around any trade show and you will see lots of letter sized tri-fold brochures. They are a standard and common size, what most people think of when you say “brochure”. They are brilliant, and popular for a reason.
But when you are creating a product brochure, especially for B2B customers or for expensive products, like real estate, you want to maximize the impact and make a statement with the size and layout.
Larger, less common product brochure formats will stand out from the crowd. They can show off your product in impressive ways that are not possible on the regular, smaller brochures.
Finished at letter size (8.5″ x 11″), these jumbo product brochures will create interest, generate excitement, and give a sense of urgency and class to the deal you offer.
Product Brochures that Maximize Visual Impact
Design and Print Big
8 Page, 8.5″ x 11″ Saddle Stitched Booklet
Eight letter sized pages gives you plenty of space to show off your products. Creased, folded, and stapled in the centre, this format offers lots of opportunity for creative layout.
Most people think in terms of pages, and understand that 8 pages of content make up the booklet.
When you look at it as spreads, though – the 2 pages that you see when you open the booklet – you have three 11″ x 17″ spaces to use on the inside of these booklets.
Booklet spreads allow you to create product brochures with bigger images and to present 2 pages of information as a unit.
Jumbo Tri-fold Brochure, Folded to 8.5″ x 11″
Exceptional Visual Impact
Inside this enormous tri-fold brochure, you can place a panorama photo of a property or vacation rental in a significantly larger size than on any other print product.
Use the 11″ x 25.5″ spread for:
- a panorama photo
- a time line
- an infographic
- your full product line in one view or just your top few
- an impressive tabloid image (11″ x 17″) together with the spec sheet on one page (great option for realtors!)
- a comparison of products or plans to show included options
- to present upsells that go “with” your focus product
- a flow chart showing a process, product development, instructions, or troubleshooting guide
- anything that is best presented in one view, that gives customers the full picture without having to turn a page.
Big Product Brochures, Side by Side
8 Page, Saddle Stitch Booklet
- common format
- folded to 8.5″ x 11″
- 8 letter sized pages
- one to three 11″ x 17″ spreads inside
- 2 papers bound at center with staples
- creased folds
- Option for same or 2 different papers (cover and pages)
- about $1.92 each (based on 100 qty on 100lb gloss self cover)
Jumbo Tri-fold Brochure
- less common format
- folded to 8.5″ x 11″
- 6 letter sized pages
- one 11″ x 25.5″ spread inside
- no binding
- creased folds
- Printed and finished on one intact banner sized page
- largest single print for exceptional visual impact
- full picture inside content in one view, without turning pages
- unfolded, inside spread can be displayed as a poster
- about $2.10 each (based on 100 qty on 100 lb gloss paper)
Best Large Product Brochure Choice
There is no clear winner here. The advantages of each depend on your product line and what you need to present.
However, the large tri-fold brochure has a clear advantage in the sheer size of its spread, ability to double as a poster, and unique format. Used well, these product brochures have the greatest potential to create visual impact.