Print on Thick Paper or Card Stock
- Full colour or black and white card stock printing service
- Letter size or larger, to 12″ x 18″
- Single or double sided
- Choice of 7 card stocks
- Thick papers from 8 to 16 point, far beyond the ability of home printers
- Cover paper is not as easily torn or punctured as text
- Smooth surfaces for exceptionally vibrant and high-quality prints
- Exceptional colour distribution and print consistency
Thick Paper, Card Stock or Cover
With paper, there is a distinction between text, the light paper, and cover, the heavier, thicker paper. The thickness of cover stock is measured by a caliper in points. A point is equal to 1/1000th of an inch.
In real terms, as a point of comparison, a sheet of standard office paper is around 4 points in thickness. Our thickest text paper is about 7.5 points.
These thick paper prints pick up where text crosses the line to cover, starting at 8 points through to 16 points. Thick paper like this is properly called “cover” and often called “card stock”.
Advantages of Printing on Card Stock
Cover stock has high opacity. Print from one side cannot be seen through to the other. The stiff character of card stock makes it great for menus and temporary signage.
Best of all, you can write on thick paper like this without puncturing or tearing the paper with your pen. This makes card stock ideal for forms that need to be handwritten in the field where a nice, hard writing surface is not alwsys available. Printed cover forms are up for the job. They are a form and hard writing in one.
While no standard paper or cover stock is completely waterproof, card stock is more water, tear, and accidental crease resistant than text papers.