Our water resistant, custom vinyl stickers and vinyl labels are flexible and tear resistant. Our vinyl sticker printer prints, then cuts, each of the vinyl stickers to whatever shape and size you want. The inks are non-toxic and environmentally friendly, scratch resistant, and they have a long life span. Choose from several different adhesive strengths, depending on your need. For options, select, lamination to protect the inks, and choose to have your stickers grouped on sheets or separated into singles. In short, you have many options for custom vinyl stickers and vinyl labels. Contact us if you need help making your choices.
1. Adhesive Vinyl Options
Firstly, you select your vinyl. Except for the clear vinyl, our custom vinyl stickers start out white. The colour is applied to them by the vinyl sticker printer. In some cases, the adhesive on the back of the vinyl stickers is grey. You will not see the adhesive when the sticker is in place unless you are installing it on a clear surface. To clarify, we offer 3 inyl label adhesive levels:
- Low tack: this gentle sticker adhesive is not super “sticky”. It can be removed relatively easily from most surfaces without leaving a residue. It is more tacky than a Post-It Note, though, and if you leave it in place for a long time, it becomes more difficult to remove.
- Permanent: our standard sticker. You can remove permanent adhesive stickers, but it takes effort. You may need to heat them up, and a residue may remain.
- High tack: super sticky, manufacturers made this vinyl to stick to rough surfaces. In addition, it can withstand quite high and low temperatures. Laminated, these are as tough as they come.
Next, there is a choice of finish with our standard vinyls. They come in either high gloss or matte.
2. Stickers and Decals Size
Secondly, you select the sticker size. We buy vinyl in large rolls, so our cutting machine can output whatever size you need. Using our vinyl stickers and labels ordering page, you can enter the number and size you want for your custom vinyl stickers. Here, the maximum size is 24″ x 24″. Enter any value for your length and width, even fractions. To clarify, a value of 18.35″ is an acceptable width, 24.01″ is not. If you want larger vinyl stickers, check out our Giant Stickers.
3. Custom Sticker and Label Shape
Thirdly, you tell us what shape you want. The vinyl sticker printer prints, then cuts. This is called “kiss cutting”. Any shape is possible with a vinyl cutter. It is simple to round the corners on square labels, if you want. Similarly, we can create a contour around the artwork so the finished vinyl sticker has the same shape as your image. In addition, our vinyl cutter can cut intricate silhouette stickers. These come with transfer tape to keep all the parts together for installation. Contact us about custom cut vinyl stickers with transfer tape if this is what you want.
Fourthly, to protect your artwork, we offer you the choice of matte or gloss lamination. To laminate, we apply an optically clear gloss or matte vinyl over top of your stickers. This keeps dirt and chemicals from coming into contact with the inks. Finally, lamination makes the stickers a bit thicker and stiffer. It also makes them look awesome.
5. Grouped on Sheets or Individual
Finally, you have three choices for how the vinyl stickers are prepared for you. After printing and cutting, we remove the large sheet of printed and kiss cut stickers from the vinyl sticker printer. Next, we “weed” the excess material from between the stickers. Finally, we cut the large sheet of backing paper with the stickers on it into more manageable sizes, according to your request.
- Grouped on sheets: we trim the larger sheet into manageable pages, with several stickers on each page, depending on the size of each one. This is the default method and works best for labels.
- Individual stickers: we trim the larger sheet so that there is only one sticker on its own backing paper. The backing paper will be square or rectangular.
- Individual stickers on contoured backing: the machine kiss cuts the sticker, then makes a deeper cut through the backing paper so the backing paper also has a custom shape. This may be desirable if you are handing stickers out or selling them. This is called “die cutting”.
Artwork and Setup
As with our other products, we offer artwork support to help you create your custom decals. Just send your files or ideas and we will add lines that tell the cutting machine where to cut around your label. You will get a proof back, if you want one, the same business day. We understand that most people don’t know how to set up custom vinyl cuts, so it is included in our “just do it” artwork support.
We offer rush, or “priority”, printing on custom decals and stickers. However, it is difficult to predict how much ACTUAL production time your job will take. For example, custom labels that contain tiny print or a bar code in the artwork take MUCH longer to print than a sticker with larger text or graphics. Please take this into consideration when ordering, particularly if you are asking for priority service. One customer asked for her job to be completed the same day, submitting after the 10 am cut off, and sent a print job that required more than 8 hours of machine time! Good quality custom decals take time. If you have a hard deadline, please expect to (potentially) sacrifice on print quality as we have to speed up the vinyl printer and cutting machine.
To conclude, custom vinyl stickers are fun. We make ordering them fun too. You choose the size, shape, adhesive, finish and get instant pricing. Easy.