Pamphlets and Tri-fold brochures
Present your product information in full colour over 6 panels with our high quality pamphlet brochures. Double sided, tri-fold brochures have 6 panels for information, 3 inside and 3 outside, separated by the folds. Letter size pamphlets are printed in landscape and fold to 8.5″ tall by 3.66″ wide.
With heavier, premier paper stocks, we take the extra step of creasing the page prior to folding. As a result, there is no cracking along the fold. This gives your brochure a clean, high quality professional look.
Tri-fold brochures are also known as pamphlets or leaflets.
Premium Tri-fold Brochure Layout Options
Take Out Menu
A pamphlet can communicate information and product features for any company or organization. Because of that, one very popular use is as a take out menu for restaurants. However, Laser Sharp has the capacity to provide other options for you.
Program Information and Application Form
It is possible to have one of the folds as a perforation, for instance. Perforated paper is easy to tear away.
Design your form with a form on the outer panel. With that, your customer can fill the form and leave it with you and keep the rest of the pamphlet information.
The form can be a program application, request for an estimate, or even a draw ticket. The tear away allows them to keep the rest of the brochure for reference.
Finally, you can lay out your design to create a custom 4 panel mini-newsletter. This is particularly effective if you need more page space to present your services, or perhaps do not have content or photos to fill 6 panels. We also print larger newsletter brochures.
This style is much easier to design. Just prepare your text and images on 4 half letter panels and our software will combine them in the correct order to print your brochure.
Get Your Pamphlet Design Started
The most difficult part of designing a tri-fold brochure is getting the content placement to work correctly with the folds. A tri-fold brochure template makes that much easier.
Canva has an online tri-fold brochure or pamphlet template. Brochure templates like this are typically easy to use and give you a starting point for your design.
The layout is important for printing, but secondary to the quality of the content that promotes your brand.
We offer two options for tri-fold brochure folds, letter fold or Z-fold.
Letter fold is the most common pamphlet fold. It creates three equally spaced sections by folding both sides over the middle. When you create your design, you should consider the reveal, the way a letter fold is opened and the order in which your panels will be seen.
The Z fold opens like an accordion. It is more likely to be pulled open in one motion, revealing the full page in one go. It allows for a very different design space than the letter fold.
The half fold is offered for a bi-fold design.
All of our pamphlets or tri-fold brochures come creased (except for lightweight papers) and folded, ready for use.
How to make a tri-fold pamphlet
Placement of the folds
- Start with a model. Take a letter sized piece of paper (8.5″ x 11″). Place it on a table and fold it into 3 equal panels. Next, label the panels “front”, “back”, “inside flap”, etc. When you lay your page back out flat, you now know the correct positioning of your panels.
- When preparing your pamphlet artwork, it is important to keep your content clear of the folds so it is easy to read. Ideally, you should allow at least 1/8 of an inch on either side of the fold.
Laying out content
- Frames, boxes, and images bordering the folds can be difficult to centre. For a clean professional look, use them sparingly or avoid them all together.
- Use lots of images, photos, and diagrams to present your brand.
- Don’t overcrowd the panels. Use white space to draw focus to your content.
- Use only high resolution images and photos. Each file should be 300 dpi, your logo included.
- Create a clear message and intent. The reader needs to understand what the pamphlet is saying and respond accordingly. Provide a call to action to help your customers understand what you want them to do.
- Use the way the brochure is opened as a creative way of presenting your products
- Make sure you replace all of the placeholder (Latin) text with your own.
- Create original text about your products or services.
Online Pamphlet Templates
Online tri-fold brochure design templates can help you get the layout right. Many of them are free. Be careful, if you use a free tool, to check a few things before you put too much work into using them. Most often, you will need to use the paid version to access all the features.
Choosing a Tri-fold Template
Your goal is to design a tri-fold brochure that you can print. You will put a lot of work into your design and marketing text, so you want to ensure that the result is a printable file.
A good template will provide proper bleed space and text blocks where you can paste your content. The text blocks will contain Latin text to show you how they will look. Replace it with yours.
Once you have completed all of your artwork, and checked that it is correct, it is time to download your design file. This is where you can encounter an issue with the free pamphlet template.
Many free tri-fold templates online allow only a low resolution download. This is particularly true of online design templates offered by online print shops. The site is set up so that the file you download is low quality to prevent you taking it to another print shop. Only they have access to your high quality file.
Consequently, before you start to work on a pamphlet template, make sure you are able to get a high resolution, print-ready .pdf download. You may need to pay a bit to unlock the best quality download, but it is worth it. You are already saving a lot of money by using the template to design for yourself.
The print shop cannot create a beautiful print from a poor quality file.
If possible, make sure to check these settings when you download your completed template:
- Quality setting is for high quality print
- Bleeds are enabled and crop marks included
- Your work is saved in case you need to go back and make changes
The easiest way for you to get perfect print results is to access our artwork support services. Give us your logo, images, and text content. Explain your colour preferences and layout idea, and we will do the layout for you.
This way, if there is any issue with your print, we can fix it and revise the artwork immediately. Your pamphlets will be perfect.