Versatile Coil Binding
- Plastic spiral coil binding for booklets in two sizes, letter or half letter
- Printed in booklets in colour or black and white
- Single or double sided pages
- No limit to the number of pages, though large documents are best bound in volumes for easier handling
- Spiral coil binding opens and lays flat on a table surface, or turns 360 degrees on itself to save space
- Choice of printed card stock or plastic covers
- Four paper choices for page printing – writable matte or classic gloss
- Black 4:1 pitch plastic coil
- Spiral coil binding is robust and flexes with the pages
- Ideal for study guides, workbooks, recipe books, journals, logs, or catalogues
Cover Options for Booklets with Coil Binding
Your coil bound booklet can have either a printed cover or plastic cover or both.
The printed cover is a heavy, 16-point card stock and can be printed on one side or both, in black and white or colour.
Plastic covers consist of a transparent front cover and a black plastic back cover. The plastic covers can be used on their own, so that the content of the first page is visible through the cover, or with a cardstock printed cover as well to add stiffness to the booklet.
We do large orders of coil bound booklets with plastic covers and 28lb pages. They are used as workbooks and incident logs. The paper is easy to write on. The pages, turned 360 degrees around the coil, make a good writing surface that takes up little space.
For maximum impact, customers have ordered printed covers and 100lb matte pages for coil binding. These booklets, with their heavier paper, had a very classy look and feel consistent with the clean. professional branding of the company.
Please upload one multiple page pdf file. If your layout includes print extending to the edge of the page, a .125″ bleed is required for the entire document.
Booklets really need to be formatted for the correct page size as a letter sized page does not scale well to half letter.
The proportions for letter size (8.5″ x 11″) and half letter size are not the same. If you order half letter booklets and submit letter sized pdf files, your pages will have white space at the top and bottom of each page. In addition, any bleed will be lost, so pages will have whitespace around the edges.
Please let us know in the instructions if you want to have that space trimmed off. Your finished booklets will be approximately 5.5″ x 7.5″.
More importantly, the size of your fonts will be very small.
In order to get a normal font size and layout for your half letter booklet, change the page size in your word processing software and save the layout in the correct size. Here is how to resize a document in Microsoft Word.