|3 part NCR sets||0||0||0||0||0|
3 Part Carbonless NCR Form Books
Carbonless NCR forms are suitable for any use where you need instant copies of handwritten documents.
Invoices, product or food orders, receipts, work orders, trucking logs, estimates, and other forms are commonly printed on carbonless paper.
Classic Carbonless Paper
In past days, instant copy of a receipt or invoice were made by placing carbon paper between two pages and writing on the top form. Exactly what was written on the top paper was impressed on the carbon paper and transferred to the bottom page.
The carbon copy paper was messy and wore out with use. When it was no longer useful, it could not be recycled.
End of traditional carbon paper
In 1954, Appvion introduced a new, recyclable paper that functioned the same way as carbon copy forms, without the carbon paper – No Carbon Required.
Appvion recently divested their carbonless paper division to Nekoosa.
Authentic, quality, environmentally friendly NCR carbonless paper
Now, there are cheap carbonless papers available. But we don’t use them. Instead, we use authentic NCR paper for our business form printing services, made by the company that invented it and is still a leader in the field.
We use the Nekoosa NCR Paper for our carbonless form printing services because of the product quality. It gives a clean, legible impression that remains intense and does not fade over time.
With cheaper papers, you may not get the print quality for your form, nor the longevity of your copied pages.
Most importantly, these carbonless forms are environmentally friendly, free of harmful chemicals, and 100% recyclable.
Carbonless paper sets
Special carbonless papers joined together with a specifically formulated glue are called “sets“. Order sets with the number of pages, or “parts” you need for your NCR forms.
3 part carbonless forms – white, yellow, pink
3 part carbonless form printing provides a white top page and a yellow, or canary, middle page and a pink bottom carbonless copy paper. In 3 part form printing, all pages are identical. Typically, one copy is for the agent, the second for the client, and the third for office use.
Carbonless Forms Size
Carbonless forms are available in letter (8.5″ x 11″), half letter (5.5″ x 8.5″) and quarter letter (4.25″ x 5.5″) paper sizes. Loose sets can be printed and finished in these sizes.
3 part carbonless NCR form books – set page sizes
In order to accommodate the wrap around cover, 2 part forms in books require a .5″ margin to allow for binding. That means, for example, that letter sized forms in books, when torn out along the perforation, will be 8.5″ x 10.5″.
Colour and duplex options for custom carbonless form printing
3 part form sets can be printed in CMYK colour or black and white. In addition, they can be single or double sided.
Printing on the back side of carbonless forms is not affected by writing transfer, and writing on the back of the sets does not transfer as it does on the front.
Back side printing is for reference only, usually for terms and conditions of the transaction.
Custom carbonless form finishing options
3 part carbonless NCR form books with wrap around covers
Organize your carbonless forms in convenient booklet with wrap around cover. Multiple sets are perforated and staple bound in a white cardstock cover with a flap that wraps around the length of the pages. The flap slips between sets to provide a hard writing surface to protect the forms underneath.
Each book has a consistent number of set. 3 part books have 35 carbonless form sets.
After printing and gluing, a number can be stamped on it. Each form is numbered individually and sequentially.
The number is stamped on the the white top form, and transferred by pressure to the next form. This way two or three sheets are given the identical number on the original form.
Customer orders with print ready artwork are processed as soon as possible once they are received. Forms with sequential numbering take a bit longer to process.
Do the 3 part forms come without covers?
Yes, we print 3 part sets without covers.
Find out more about top quality Carbonless NCR paper
Get print-ready artwork without the headaches
- It has no bleed – your background image/colour should extend beyond the size of the finished product by 1/8″ all the way around
- Document is sized improperly – an 8.5″ x 11″ file cannot be easily used for a half letter or 4″ x 6″ postcard, or for a 12″ x 18″ poster
- Images used in the artwork are pixelated – all images should be 300 dpi
- Entire file is low resolution – your file should be saved at 300 dpi. Many free online programs do not export appropriate resolution.
- Colours are set to RGB instead of CMYK – in this case, the colours that are printed may not be what you are expecting
- Contrast between background and fonts is inadequate – dark fonts do not show up against a dark background. What works on a backlit monitor will not work in print
- Fonts are too small – it is wise to print a version of your artwork on a home printer to see the actual size of the fonts before ordering. Again, it may look great on your monitor at 500 times magnification, but not work when printed.
- Fonts are not embedded or converted to outlines – this can cause fonts to change in the processing of the file, changing your entire layout and design
- Content has errors
- Content is too close to the edge of the design – allow a “safe zone” to accommodate small variations in the printing, cutting, and finishing
- Crop marks are improperly placed – this is the same of not having bleeds
- You submit multiple files – a double sided flyer file should be in one .pdf file, 2 pages, not 2 files
- File is in the wrong format – pdf files should be submitted. While we allow other formats, they have to be converted before they can be processed. In many cases, that is quite difficult as the file can be changed by the process. In other cases, the file is not compatible with our software or hardware (for example, none of our printers can print .png files! They all have to be converted to a printable format first).
- The artwork is an idea, something you had printed somewhere else, written on a piece of paper, or a bunch of image and text files that need to be assembled – there is lots of work to do to get the file you need.
Experience has taught us that most customers, and sadly, many professional graphic designers, do not understand how to create print ready files. In addition, many of the free products available for you to design for yourself, do not output print ready files. In some cases, your file can be easily corrected, using the wide variety of (expensive and sometimes difficult to use) software that we keep on hand at the Laser Sharp shop. If you are stuck, we can help. Use Service Tiers table to select the support level suitable for your project.
Just do it
Edits or Revisions
Convert to CMYK
Impose Files for Print
Add or Edt Text
Edit Form or Calendar
Create Custom Form
Layouts (finished = fold, crease, perforate, etc)
Some Fine Print
- The prices shown are charge PER PRODUCT ORDER. In some cases, design elements created for one print job may be used in others; if so, you may be able to select Advanced artwork for the first product and Standard for another if elements created for the Advanced project are reused in the Standard one.
- The price for the tier includes any or all of the checked elements. In other words, if you only want to get files prepared to be sent to you in different formats, you need to select the Advanced option.
- You need to use the the red “upload your print files” button to upload your pictures and support documents. There is a text box for you to provide details. The more detail you give, the more likely you are to get a fast turn around on your support.
- You are responsible for securing the legal rights to use any images, texts, or logos.
- You are also responsible for planning the marketing strategy and goal behind your artwork. We provide services to create digital print files, we do not develop your marketing program or create content.
- The pricing for Advanced has a “+”. If you expect more of the designer, like for us to find pictures for your project or to write content, you will be asked to pay more.
- An electronic proof is included with most options. It is CRUCIAL that you review the proof carefully with the following in mind:
- Each support tier comes with a limited number of revisions. Given that, when you receive your proof, take time to consider EVERY change you will want before you ask for revisions. Any revisions requested over the limit will result in a request for further payment before they are made.
- The colours you see on your screen and phone will not (necessarily) be an exact match to the final print. If you are concerned about colour, it is your responsibility to request a printed (hard proof) before approving the job.
- Any error in the content or colour mismatch is your responsibility once you give the go ahead to print. If the designer has made an error, he/she may never know (for example, if a price or phone number is incorrect), so it is up to you to catch that before it goes to print. There is no refund or credit given for reprints – the designer’s mistake is yours now.
- Production WILL NOT START until your approval is received IN WRITING and in the requested manner and wording. Don’t phone and tell us to go ahead. Email and tell us to print the proof version sent to you (by file name) or that proof X is not approved because this specific change needs to be made (please don’t just tell us you don’t like the colour!!).